Riot Games reveals League Of Legends 2022 patch schedule
League of Legends has started its 12th season and Riot Games has also revealed its 2022 patch schedule. The patches, as usual, are expected to arrive about once every two weeks, typically mid-week.
Some patches will certainly focus on bringing new events while some others focus on making core adjustments to balance the game. The first patch of season 12, League of Legends patch 12.1 will be released on Tuesday, January 4.
Based on the past updates, the maintenance times are predicted to commence at around 3 a.m. PT for NA servers, 5 a.m. UK time for EUW servers, and 3 a.m. CET for EUNE servers. They are expected to take approximately three hours from start to finish.
The schedule for the release of League of Legends 2022 patches are as follows:
– League of Legends patch 12.1 – Tuesday, January 4, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.2 – Wednesday, January 19, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.3 – Tuesday, February 1, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.4 – Tuesday, February 15, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.5 – Tuesday, March 1, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.6 – Tuesday, March 29, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.7 – Tuesday, April 12, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.8 – Tuesday, April 26, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.9 – Tuesday, May 10, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.10 – Tuesday, May 24, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.11 – Tuesday, June 7, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.12 – Wednesday, June 22, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.13 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.14 – Tuesday, July 26, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.15 – Tuesday, August 9, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.16 – Tuesday, August 23, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.17 – Wednesday, September 7, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.18 – Tuesday, September 20, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.19 – Tuesday, October 4, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.20 – Tuesday, October 18, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.21 – Tuesday, November 1, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.22 – Tuesday, November 15, 2022
– League of Legends patch 12.23 – Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Riot Games warned that the above schedule was subject to change. However, it also noted that when a patch is delayed for 48 hours or more, the developers will notify the players.
Riot Games revealed that the first patch of the 12th season would focus on Janna, Rengar, and the Summoner Spell Teleport.
It was announced that Janna’s Howling Gale would be buffed and her passive skill Tailwind and base stats would be nerfed, while adjustments would be made for her Zephyr and Eye of the Storm.
For Rengar, adjustments will be made for his Trill of Hunt in which his camouflage will be made active within one second of activation as opposed to the current two seconds. During camouflage, he will gain the True-Sight of any nearby champions for 20 seconds. He will also leap attack when attacking during camouflage. Upon activating the skill, he would have an increase in his movement speed by 60 percent.
Similarly, Teleport will also have some effects adjusted. It will have a new tooltip text, saying: “After channeling for four seconds, your champion teleports to target allied structures”. It will upgrade to Unleashed Teleport when Turret Plates fall at 14 minutes. Unleashed Teleport will have a 270-second cooldown and, can be used on allied structures, minions, or wards, and will grant a 50 percent move speed boost for three seconds.
What the latest patch brings
Riot Games also released LOL’s patch 11.25 today, which made its debut on the Oceanic servers at 10 a.m. AEDT and will continue to make its way around the world. In this latest patch, LOL brought buffs and nerfs for ten champions including Vayne, Lux, Gwen, Kai’Sa, and more.
The last patch of Season 11 also brought in three new skins, including the last of the Arcane-themed cosmetics to continue to promote the Netflix series. The skins are Arcane Ekko for 1350RP, Elderwood Rek’Sai for 1350RP, and Elderwood Gnar for 1350RP.
The champions that received buffs in the latest pact are Gwen, Olaf, Kai’Sa, Varus, and Pyke, while the champions that got nerfed are Dr. Mundo, Kassadin, Lux, Vayne, and Talon (Jungle). The runes Glacial Augment and First Strike also received buffs and nerfs, respectively.