Rocket League Season 6 update available now
The Rocket League Season 6 update is live. The game’s developer Psyonix has also revealed the details regarding the update.
There is not much content for players to be excited for in Season 6. It does bring an updated version of the Neo Tokyo, which was added way back in 2016. The cyberpunk-inspired stadium gets a comic twist this season.
Rocket League’s official YouTube channel dropped the cinematic trailer for its sixth season on Monday. It reveals that the season is titled “Get Animated”. The aforementioned updated version of Neo Tokyo is, therefore, an animated or, for the lack of a better word, cartooney, version of it. The arena itself was already one of the most disliked ones due to it being overly colorful.
This season’s season pass, then, comes with Nomad Car, Nomster Wheels, various Decals, and Goal Explosions. The Season 6 Premium Season Pass costs $10, which, as always, allows players who purchase it to receive all available rewards. Meanwhile, Non-premium players will receive only free rewards from the Season Pass.
“From the studio that brought you Rocket League, Psyonix proudly presents Season 6, an all-new adventure featuring our beloved cast of cars,” Psyonix announced in their blog post.
“This season introduces an animation-themed Rocket Pass featuring the new Nomad van, along with a never-before-seen Neo Tokyo (Comic) Variant Arena. As the season continues, we’ll release items from the Fornax Series, uncage the legendary Black Fennec, and introduce a smashing Mid-Season Event that showcases a New Game Mode.”
Psyonix also announced that there would be a limited-time game mode. However, they have yet to reveal the details surrounding the limited-time event. As per usual, players will receive rewards based on their previous rank once the new season begins. The rewards are as follows:
– Bronze I or higher: Bronze Goal Explosion
– Silver I or higher: Silver Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosion
– Gold I or higher: Gold Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
– Platinum I or higher: Platinum Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
– Diamond I or higher: Diamond Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
– Champion I or higher: Champion Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
– Grand Champion I: Grand Champion Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
– Supersonic Legend: Supersonic Legend Goal Explosion + lower Goal Explosions
Meanwhile, the Grand Champion title rewards are as follows:
– Competitive Grand Champion: “S5 GRAND CHAMPION” in Crimson text
– Rumble Grand Champion: “S5 RNG CHAMP” in Crimson text
– Hoops Grand Champion: “S5 DUNK MASTER” in Crimson text
– Snow Day Grand Champion: “S5 BLIZZARD WIZARD” in Crimson text
– Dropshot Grand Champion: “S5 FLOOR DESTROYER” in Crimson text
Lastly, the Supersonic Legend title rewards are as follows:
– Competitive Supersonic Legend: “S5 SUPERSONIC LEGEND” in Titanium White text
– Rumble Supersonic Legend: “S5 RNGENIUS” in Titanium White text
– Hoops Supersonic Legend: “S5 LEGENDARY BALLER” in Titanium White text
– Snow Day Supersonic Legend: “S5 ICE TITAN” in Titanium White text
– Dropshot Supersonic Legend: “S5 TILE ANNIHILATOR” in Titanium White text
Rocket League Season 6 will be available to play on Wednesday, March 9. Players will still be able to claim last season’s The Batman bundle until 2 a.m. UTC on March 9.
Rocket League is available now as a free-to-play game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, as well as PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S via backward compatibility.